You are here
With the generous support of an outside donor, Spertus Institute for Jewish Learning and Leadership is able to provide scholarships — called Midcareer Fellowships — to qualified students who begin the Master of Arts in Jewish Professional Studies (MAJPS) program during specific time periods.
The full cost of the two-year-long program is $18,000. Midcareer Fellows will receive a tuition reduction of approximately 65% bringing the cost of the entire program to $6,500.
Additional scholarship support may also be available, including up to $1,000 for students who reside in the City of Chicago. Please discuss options with your enrollment contact.
Fellowship Eligibility Requirements
Midcareer Fellowships will be awarded to students who have been accepted into the MAJPS program and meet these additional criteria:
- Current employment in a Jewish organization (15 hours per week minimum)
- Commitment to the field of Jewish communal service
- Commitment to successfully completing the MAJPS program coursework over a two-year period
- Satisfactory in-person interview designed to assess commitment to the field and to successful program completion
- Professional recommendation
Fellowship funds are limited and will be awarded to qualified students on a first-come, first-served basis.
To Apply for a Midcareer Fellowship
If you have not already done so, complete your
MAJPS Program Admission Process>
Complete and submit the online
Midcareer Fellowship Application>
Have recommendation letter sent under separate cover
as instructed on the Fellowship Application.
Complete a personal interview with MAJPS leadership regarding commitment and capacity for successful completion of the two-year program. If you qualify, you will be contacted to arrange this final step.