You are here
Director of Enrollment Management
Director of Enrollment Management
Spertus Institute seeks a highly motivated, communicative, collegial professional to recruit students for its graduate degree and professional programs relating to Jewish Studies and Jewish Leadership.
The Director of Enrollment Management is responsible for developing and implementing a comprehensive recruitment plan and meeting aggressive enrollment goals. Applicants should have experience in higher education administration and student/alumni engagement. It will be necessary that the candidate selected be familiar with the Jewish community in Chicago and nationally.
Reports to Vice President for External Relations.
- Develop and meet aggressive enrollment goals in designated program areas
- Develop recruitment plans
- Work with the marketing staff to develop recruitment materials and messages including direct mail, print and electronic advertising, and social media campaigns, and to ensure that communications reach key markets
- Monitor and refine communications and strategies to increase conversion of prospects to applicants
- Meet with prospective students to advise about Spertus offerings and enlist qualified applicants
- Process applications
- Interface with academic and finance staff (including those who handle financial aid) to process student admissions
- Assist with development and implementation of an alumni engagement plan as it relates to recruitment goals
- Contribute to institutional retention efforts
- Provide feedback to program directors regarding perceived curricular needs based on work with prospective students
- Assist with broader institutional committees and specific assigned tasks
- Attend and assist with recruitment-focused events
NECESSARY SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Strong communications skills
- Ability to impart enthusiasm for the importance of graduate education and the Spertus mission
- Demonstration of sales mentality and successful sales record
- High degree of attention to detail and outstanding organizational skills
- Collegiality and team-spirit
- Ability to interact frequently with senior management, alumni, Trustees, donors, and members
- Ability to advise prospective students
- Knowledge of higher education
- Knowledge of the Chicago Jewish community
- Knowledge of local nonprofit organizations
- Significant familiarity and experience with Jewish communal issues and structures
- Abilty to establish and meet metrics relating to enrollment goals
- Bachelor’s degree required, Master’s degree preferred
- Knowledge of standard computer programs and software, and experience with social media
Some evening and weekend work required.
Compensation commensurate with experience.
Benefits include vacation, dental insurance, retirement sales plan, paid sick leave, Jewish and secular holidays.
Please send cover letter, resume, and record of your success to:
Spertus Institute for Jewish Learning and Leadership
610 S. Michigan Avenue
Chicago, IL 60605-1901
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE
Outstanding applicants will be contacted for an interview.
Spertus Institute is an equal opportunity employer.
ABOUT SPERTUS INSTITUTE
Founded in 1924, Spertus Institute for Jewish Learning and Leadership is a 501c3 whose mission is to create dynamic learning opportunities, rooted in Jewish wisdom and culture, that enable personal growth and the development of future community leaders. Graduate programs and professional workshops are offered in the Chicago area, in select locations across North America and in Israel, and through distance learning. Public programs — including films, speakers, seminars, concerts, and exhibits — are offered at the Institute’s Michigan Avenue facility, in the Chicago suburbs, and online.
An icon in Chicago and the Jewish community, Spertus Institute has evolved from a college of Jewish studies to a nationally recognized museum and today, to its primary focus as an adult Jewish learning institute and center for Jewish leadership training. As an educational nonprofit, Spertus Institute relies on funding from individual donors, private foundations, and grants, in addition to tuition and other areas of earned revenue.
Spertus Institute is a partner in serving the community, supported by the Jewish United Fund/Jewish Federation of Metropolitan Chicago.