You are here
Event Sales Associate
Event Sales Associate
Venue SIX10 at Spertus Institute for Jewish Learning and Leadership is seeking a Sales Associate to join our growing staff. The position requires a dynamic customer-service-focused, detail-oriented team player. Our event space, located within the Spertus Institute’s incredible Michigan Avenue facility is one of the premier event venues in the city.
Position Type: Full-time, Permanent Position
Start Date: Immediate
Compensation: Commensurate with experience.
The ideal candidate will:
- Exhibit strong interpersonal and organizational skills with a respect and focus on quality
- Possess excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Be able to provide accurate and timely event proposals for venue clients
- Effectively pursue and close sales
- Develop strong working relationships with clients
- Sell our venue through site tours and sales calls
- Work as a team player with event managers, production staff and catering colleagues.
- Three years previous sales or sales support experience required
- Prior catering, event planning or other hospitality experience
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with the ability to interact with customers and
communicate with all levels of staff
- Self-Motivated with the ability to quickly learn new procedures and processes
- Proven time management and organization skills
- Excellent computer skills along with Microsoft Office expertise
For consideration please email/mail your cover letter and resume to
Mark Akgulian, Director of Operations & Business Development
Spertus Institute for Jewish Learning and Leadership
610 S. Michigan Ave.
Chicago, IL 60605
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE
Outstanding applicants will be contacted for an interview.
Spertus Institute is an equal opportunity employer.
Spertus Institute offers dynamic learning opportunities, rooted in Jewish wisdom and culture and open to all. Graduate programs and workshops train future leaders and engage individuals in exploration of Jewish life. Public programs — including films, speakers, seminars, and concerts — take place at the Institute's Michigan Avenue facility and elsewhere throughout greater Chicago.