You are here
The academic standards and requirements for courses taken through Distance Learning are identical to those for courses taken at Spertus' Chicago campus, only the methods of course delivery are different. Students who opt to take their degree primarily through Distance Learning have complete flexibility as to when they wish to "attend" classes, according to their individual schedules.
Benefits of Spertus Institute Distance Learning
- Convenience and flexibility of home study
- Extensive resources for students with little geographical access to graduate-level Jewish Studies
- Multi-faceted program delivery (including course packages of audio/video materials, intensive week-long summer seminars in Chicago, independent study, and directed reading courses)
Online Course Offerings
The following courses are now available for masters and doctoral degree students — as well as non-degree students who meet pre-requisite requirements and wish to enroll in courses for credit.
- The Bible and the Ancient Near East
- The World of the Rabbis
- From Renaissance to Enlightenment
- Modern Jewish Experiences
- Gender and Judaism
- History of Antisemitism: Antiquity to Late Eighteenth Century
- History of Antisemistism: Dawn of the Enlightenment to the Present
- Introduction to Biblical Hebrew I
- Introduction to Biblical Hebrew II
- Introduction to Biblical Hebrew III
Tuition per course is $1,050. Courses can be started at any time.