From left: Maurice Spertus, Milton Ratner, Mayor Richard J. Daley, and Herman Spertus at a ribbon-cutting ceremony marking the Spertus move to 618 S. Michigan Avenue, 1974.
College of Jewish Studies at 72 E. 11th Street, where it was located from 1946 to 1974. Photo courtesy of the Chicago Jewish Archives at Spertus Institute.
College of Jewish Studies student council meeting, circa 1950. Photo courtesy of the Chicago Jewish Archives at Spertus Institute of Jewish Studies.
College of Jewish Studies commencement, 1961. Photo courtesy of the Chicago Jewish Archives at Spertus Institute.
Spertus Trustee Avrum Gray with honorary degree recipient Isaac Bashevis Singer, 1979.
The United States Postal Service unveiled its Hanukkah commemorative stamp at Spertus, 2004.
Spertus President Howard Sulkin was joined by donors and trustees to sign the final beam during the construction of the building at 610 S. Michigan Avenue, 2006.
Over 1,000 attendees at the Grand Opening Gala got a first look at the new Spertus facility, 2007.
Author Thomas Friedman signed books for fans after his sold-out lecture, 2007. Photo by Cheri Eisenberg.
Spertus Institute for Jewish Learning and Leadship’s award-winning facility. Photo by William Zbaren.