You are here
Learn more about American Judaism by exploring these suggested resources:
Books Available in the Asher Library
- The Columbia History of Jews and Judaism in America. Marc Lee Raphael, Ed. New York: Columbia University Press, 2008.
- Jews in America: A Contemporary Reader. Roberta Rosenberg Farber and Chaim I. Waxman Eds. Hanover: Published by University Press of New England for Brandeis University Press, 1999.
- What is American about the American Jewish Experience? Marc Lee Raphael, Ed. Williamsburg, Va.: Dept. of Religion, College of William and Mary, 1993.
- Feingold, Henry L. Lest Memory Cease: Finding Meaning in the American Jewish Past. Syracuse, N.Y.: Syracuse University Press, 1996.
- Fishman, Sylvia Barack. Jewish Life and American Culture. Albany, NY: State University of New York, 2000.
- Heinze, Andrew R. Jews and the American Soul: Human Nature in the Twentieth Century. Princeton, N.J.: Oxford: Princeton University Press, 2004.
- Raphael, Marc Lee. Judaism in America. New York: Columbia University Press, 2003.
- Sarna, Jonathan D. American Judaism: A History. New Haven, Conn: Yale University Press, 2004.
Browse the Catalog
Jews United States History
Judaism United States
Browse the Shelves
LC Call Number:
Spertus Digital Resources
- The American Jewish Mosaic — Hear audio from this panel discussion held at Spertus on June 6, 2010. Features Emily Soloff of Interreligious and Intergroup Affairs of the American Jewish Committee (AJC) with Rabbi Capers C. Funnye, Jr. of Chicago’s Beth Shalom B’nai Zaken Ethiopian Hebrew Congregation and Rabbi Rigoberto Emmanuel Viñas of New York's El Centro de Estudios Judios.
- American Digital Archive of the American Jewish Experience — Full text of American Jewish History, 1893-1978
- Jews in America Digital Collection from the Center for Jewish History