Certificate in Jewish Leadership
Gain new strengths professionally and personally. Discover your own leadership style and build on your unique aptitudes.
Presented by Spertus Institute in partnership with Northwestern University for the professionals, trustees, and lay leaders of Jewish organizations.
Learn to manage challenge and change from a position of strength.
Complete your certificate in 3 months and put your new skills to work.
Be part of an engaging, skill-building, interactive learning experience.
View the video above to hear what Certificate in Jewish Leadership students have to say.
Take the Next Step on Your Leadership Trajectory
- Participants learn to manage challenge and change from a position of strength
- Courses meet during seminars at our downtown Chicago campus or online, to accommodate the schedules of busy professionals.
- Faculty members are leading real-world practitioners who draw from extensive nonprofit, foundation, and corporate experience.
- Learn with a cohort of Jewish organizational leaders from across North America and beyond.
Cohort 17 Program Dates
Online Course Dates (6-9 PM CT)
Cohort 17 takes place entirely online through real-time interactive Zoom sessions.
- November 18 and 25, 2024
- December 2, 9, and 16, 2024
- January 6, 13, and 27, 2025
- February 3, 10, and 18, 2025
You will be surrounded by colleagues interested in pursuing change in themselves to bring out change in others.
Ida Crown Jewish Academy, Skokie
One of the most effective programs I’ve had the opportunity to be part of.
Former Director, Emerging Leadership
Jewish Federation of Greater Hartford
The total cost of the program is $2,500 which includes tuition. For those cohorts that include an in-person seminar, this includes seminar meals, but not transportation or lodging. Professionals on staff at a Jewish organization can apply for a Certificate in Jewish Leadership Scholarship of up to $500.
Click the button below to make an appointment to talk to Amie Barrish, Assistant Director for Recruitment, to find out if the Certificate in Jewish Leadership is right for you.
Ready to Apply?
- July 15, 2024 — Preferred Admission Date
($50 application fee waived)
- September 3, 2024 — Final Application Deadline
Certificate in Jewish Leadership Learning Outcomes
Certificate in Jewish Leadership students learn to:
- Understand the key qualities of effective leadership
- Understand what it means to be an effective Jewish leader
- Apply models and frameworks to practical, real-time leadership challenges
- Demonstrate effective communications skills
- Sharpen ability to lead through influence v. authority
- Be able to implement visioning and planning processes
- Develop change management strategies
- Know how to build effective teams
- Learn to supervise more effectively
- Understand ethical principles and how to apply them
- Develop techniques for better relations with lay boards