Executive MA in Jewish Professional Studies
Executive MA in Jewish Professional Studies alumni Rabbi Kari Tuling, Diana Kalef, Lori Tessel, Cathy Winick, and Shelly Dresdner at their 2022 graduation. About her Spertus Institute experience, Rabbi Tuling said, “You will emerge a better leader for having done this program.”
Be part of a unique accelerated graduate program for senior-level Jewish communal professionals. Gain new qualifications, advance your career, and enhance your leadership expertise.
Complete your degree in approximately 18 months.
Fellowships cover 60% of costs for qualified applicants.
Executive coaching is an integrated part of the program.
View the video above to hear what Spertus executive program participants have to say.
The Executive MA in Jewish Professional Studies is for those with 12+ years in the field.
Relevant right now, the program’s course content is designed so you can put your new expertise immediately into practice. Participants learn to leverage opportunity, inspire excellence in staff and trustees, and lead through times of change.
- Courses meet during seminars at our downtown Chicago campus and online to accommodate the schedules of busy professionals.
- Professors are leading real-world practitioners who draw from extensive nonprofit, foundation, and corporate experience.
- Learn with a cohort of Jewish organizational executives from across North America.
- Taught in a welcoming, nondenominational environment.
- Priced to be affordable—with financial assistance available for professionals working full time in the Jewish community.
A Graduate Degree is Important For Your Growth and Career
I was immediately able to bring ideas from the classroom to my team, board, and most importantly, my students. It was a great experience.
Cleveland Hillel Foundation
For those in leadership positions at Jewish organizations, Spertus Institute’s Executive MA in Jewish Professional Studies is the model program.
Senior Educational Consultant
The iCenter for Israel Education
Make an appointment to talk to Amie Barrish, Assistant Director for Recruitment, and she’ll help you explore if this program is the right fit for you.
Apply now for Executive MA in Jewish Professional Studies Cohort 8
Cohort begins with a seminar January 14-18, 2024, at Spertus Institute’s downtown Chicago campus.
MAJPS Learning Outcomes (all cohort formats including Executive)
MA in Jewish Professional Studies students learn to:
- Understand the key themes in Jewish communal life today
- Possess a grounding in classical Jewish thought and texts in these areas
- Understand the best practices in non-profit management that most affect Jewish communal work
- Develop skills for critical self-reflection and career planning
- Integrate theory and practice in the professional environment
- Learn to work constructively with a diverse group of constituents and colleagues