Certificate in Jewish Leadership
Gain new strengths professionally and personally. Discover your own leadership style and build on your unique aptitudes.
Presented by Spertus Institute in partnership with Northwestern University for the professionals, trustees, and lay leaders of Jewish organizations.
Learn to manage challenge and change from a position of strength.
Complete your certificate in three months and be ready to put new skills into practice.
Be part of an engaging, skill-building, interactive learning experience.
View the video above to hear what Certificate in Jewish Leadership students have to say.
Take the Next Step on Your Leadership Trajectory
- Participants learn to manage challenge and change from a position of strength
- Courses meet during seminars at our downtown Chicago campus or online, to accommodate the schedules of busy professionals.
- Faculty members are leading real-world practitioners who draw from extensive nonprofit, foundation, and corporate experience.
- Learn with a cohort of Jewish organizational leaders from across North America and beyond.
You will be surrounded by colleagues interested in pursuing change in themselves to bring out change in others.
Ida Crown Jewish Academy, Skokie
One of the most effective programs I’ve had the opportunity to be part of.
Emerging Leadership Director
Jewish Federation of Greater Hartford
The total cost of the program is $2,500 which includes tuition. For those cohorts that include an in-person seminar, this includes seminar meals, but not transportation or lodging. Professionals on staff at a Jewish organization can apply for a Certificate in Jewish Leadership Scholarship of up to $500.
Make an appointment to talk to Amie Barrish, Assistant Director for Recruitment, to find out if the Certificate in Jewish Leadership is right for you.
Apply now for the 2024 Certificate in Jewish Leadership Cohort (Cohort 16)
Open to qualified professionals & lay leaders from Jewish communities worldwide. Meets for nine weekly online classes and an onsite seminar at Spertus Institute’s downtown Chicago campus.
Online Course Dates (6-9 PM CT)
- February 13, 20, and 27, 2024
- March 19 and 26, 2024
- April 2, 9, and 16, 2024
- May 7, 2024 Culminating Session
- November 1, 2023 — Preferred Admission Date
($50 application fee waived)
- December 18, 2023 — Final Application Deadline
- Sunday-Wednesday, March 10-13, 2024
Ready to Apply?
Certificate in Jewish Leadership Learning Outcomes
- Understand the key qualities of effective leadership
- Understand what it means to be an effective Jewish leader
- Apply models and frameworks to practical, real-time leadership challenges
- Demonstrate effective communications skills
- Sharpen ability to lead through influence v. authority
- Be able to implement visioning and planning processes
- Develop change management strategies
- Know how to build effective teams
- Learn to supervise more effectively
- Understand ethical principles and how to apply them
- Develop techniques for better relations with lay boards